The Certified Blockchain Solution Architect (CBSA) exam is an elite way to demonstrate your knowledge and skills in this emerging space. Additionally, you will become a member of a community of Blockchain leaders. With certification comes monthly industry updates via email and video.
The CBSA exam is a 70 question multiple-choice exam that lasts 1.5 hours and is a performance-based evaluation of Solution Architect skills and knowledge.
- Programmers & Developers
- University Professors
- Software Engineers
- Government Officials
A person who holds this certification demonstrates their ability to:
- Architect blockchain solutions
- Work effectively with blockchain engineers and technical leaders
- Choose appropriate blockchain systems for various use cases
- Work effectively with both public and permissioned blockchain systems
This exam will prove that a student completely understands:
- The difference between proof of work, proof of stake, and other proof systems and why they exist
- Why cryptocurrency is needed on certain types of blockchains
- The difference between public, private, and permissioned blockchains
- How blocks are written to the blockchain
- Where cryptography fits into blockchain and the most commonly used systems
- Common use cases for public blockchains
- Common use cases for private & permissioned blockchains
- What is needed to launch your own blockchain
- Common problems & considerations in working with public blockchains
- Awareness of the tech behind common blockchains
- When is mining needed and when it is not
- Byzantine Fault Tolerance
- Consensus among blockchains
- What is hashing
- How addresses, public keys, and private keys work
- What is a smart contract
- Security in blockchain
- Brief history of blockchain
- The programming languages of the most common blockchains
- Common testing and deployment practices for blockchains and blockchain-based apps
This exam is a 70 question multiple-choice exam that lasts 1.5 hours (90 minutes) and is performance-based evaluation of Solution Architect skills and knowledge. Performance-based testing means that candidates must answer questions to reflect what they must perform on the job. Internet access is not provided during the exam, nor is any course material or study guides.
Scores and Reporting
Official scores for exams come immediately following the exam from The BTA student portal. A passing score is 70%. Exam results are reported PASS/FAIL and you will be provided your percentage. Blockchain Training Alliance does not report scores on individual items, nor will it provide additional information upon request.
Exam Retake Policy
- Students who fail must purchase a new exam voucher to test again
- A student who does not pass an exam must wait at least 48 hours to retake the exam
- A student must wait 14-days for each subsequent attempt
- A student who has passed a certain exam may not take the same exam (defined as an exam of the same version with the same exam number) again within 12 months of when the exam was passed. A student who wishes to take the exam again in order to re-certify may do so after the 12-month period.
The Certified Blockchain Solution Architect (CBSA) exam is valid for two years from the day of passing. Because of technology advancements and changes in business demand, Blockchain Training Alliance updates and adds to its training curriculum. These updates help students stay up to date and demonstrate knowledge and skills in this emerging space.
The CBSA re-certification exam is a 30 question multiple-choice exam that lasts 1 hour and is a performance-based evaluation of current Solution Architect skills and knowledge. Internet access is not provided during the exam, nor is any course material or study guides.
What’s Included in the Recertification Package
The Certified Blockchain Solution Architect (CBSA) recertification bundle includes one year access to:
- Blockchain Architecture On Demand training, complete CBSA course with updated videos to include relevant content to updates to Blockchain, use case patterns, use case analysis, and current use cases/the future of Blockchain. These new sections are clearly marked as updates.
- CBSA certification exam, 30 questions, 1 hour to sit exam
- One exam retake if needed